Just a polite reminder that you must prebook for every Adult session you wish to attend. At the current time we are unable to let anyone play unless they have booked in advance. If you are finding it difficult please let Colin know and we can arrange to show you how to book prior to the session.
Booking enables us to control numbers and to make sure the session is safe and not too busy. It also means we have all details of who has attended in case we need to use the track and trace system.
Who will be managing each session
Some of you have very kindly volunteered already to help each session to operate smoothly. For example, the giving out and collection of balls, asking members to maintain their social distance, organising the order of play, length of games and ensuring that everyone present gets to play with other people there etc. Matches should be max of 7 games.
What else do I need to know
The clubhouse remains closed apart from toilet use and will do so until further notice, please therefore ensure that you bring your own water. You should not be congregating around the patio/grounds area and should still take full account of the social distancing guidelines. ENURE THAT YOU SANITISE YOUR HANDS AS ADVISED BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER YOUR GAMES.
Please ensure you arrive only 5 minutes before the session is due to start and leave promptly
HOW TO BOOK YOUR CLUB SESSION
1. In google copy and paste these links to book
2. Tick the box of the date you wish to book
3. Click on book now
4. Sign in as usual on Clubspark
5. Click on your name so that you are recognised as a member, make sure it says member if not click change (don’t worry about the fee this should go when it recognises as you a member please don’t pay though it is free to book)
7. Tick the box to agree to the terms and conditions
8. Press ‘check out’
9. Please note that the system will only allow you to book for one week in advance.
10. No bookings can be done on the day of the session
11. You should receive an email to confirm your booking
12. If you make an error with booking or need to cancel please contact Colin
You will also find the committees reports, accounts etc. in the same place to read before the meeting.
If you wish to use a proxy vote, please complete the form and either email a scanned copy back to me at Daniel@Danlight.co.uk (not by replying to this email) or leave it in the coaches office. Please return these by this Sunday 18th ideally.
The proxy form is set up so that you can nominate Susie Grainger (Chair), myself (Secretary) or any individual of your choosing to vote on your behalf.
If you have any questions, please email me back via Daniel@Danlight.co.uk (not through replying to this email – which will not come to me).
Further information regarding how to join the meeting and how things will operate will be provided over the coming days.
Tournaments are allowed again from Thursday too 👏 so please check out our upcoming tournaments below... we have 12U and 16U Boys events coming up before Christmas 👍 To enter visit the new LTA competitions site competitions.lta.org.uk/ or contact Sally on 07926 749715 ... See MoreSee Less
I hope you are keeping safe and well. please read the relevant information for you.
Just to let you know that tennis can resume once lockdown ends on 2nd December.
For all those booked onto a 6 week coaching course these sessions will be able to resume from Thurs 3rd Dec.
We will be running all children sessions through to Sun 20th Dec (3 weeks) and then continue from week commencing Mon 4th Jan through to Sun 24th January (3 weeks). We will then set up further courses once these have been completed. Adults please look at sessions available to book on clubspark or speak to Dave as these may differ.
Thank you for your ongoing support during this difficult time. A lot of you have already paid for these 6 week courses but If you havent yet paid for your courses or want to sign up for a coaching session please sign up on clubspark or contact Dave on firstname.lastname@example.org
A reminder of the restrictions is given below.
1) all participants must have a pre booked place via Clubspark.
2) please maintain a 2m social distance at all times where possible
3) please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your booked time and minimise congregating with other players (the "Rule of 6" applies)
4) please use hand sanitiser before and after your session
5) please leave promptly after your session has ended (the "Rule of 6" applies)
6) parents/guardians (one per player) waiting for juniors should maintain a 2m distance and not congregate in groups (the "Rule of 6" applies), ideally drop off and collection preferable or wait in your car where possible
7) the club house will remain closed except for use of the toilets so please bring your own drinks
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
As you may now have heard, the government has announced that grassroots sport can restart at the end of lockdown on Wednesday 2nd December.
This will allow us to reopen the club under the same restrictions as were previously in place before Lockdown 2.0.
A reminder of the restrictions are given below.
1) all courts must be booked on Clubspark in advance to enable Track & Trace if required 2) all adult and junior participants in members club sessions must book a place on Clubspark. A volunteer will be on hand to provide balls, hand sanitiser, etc. 3) all adult (1-1 and small group) and junior coaching sessions will restart 4) please maintain a 2m social distance at all times where possible 5) please arrive 5 minutes before your booked time and minimise congregating with other players (the "Rule of 6" applies) 6) please use hand sanitiser before and after your session 7) please leave promptly after your session has ended (the "Rule of 6" applies) 8) parents/guardians (one per player) waiting for juniors should maintain a 2m distance and not congregate in groups (the "Rule of 6" applies) 9) the club house will remain closed except for use of the toilets so please bring your own drinks
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
We look forward to welcoming you back to playing tennis.
We will continue to monitor government regulations with a view to increasing/relaxing these conditions as appropriate.
We will keep you updated but looks like the club and courts will be closed from Thursday.The Government have today indicated that they won’t be allowing outdoor tennis courts to open in England during the period of the new national restrictions that come into force from Thursday. This is hugely disappointing for all those who love tennis up and down the country. We will continue to put our case to them ahead of the formal legislation detailing the restrictions during lockdown, which is yet to be published and is due to be voted on in Parliament on Wednesday. We will then provide an update on the definitive position of what is and isn’t allowed. ... See MoreSee Less