Chairpersons Update March 2020
Club is closed until further notice.
Following on from the emails that you have already received and the notices displayed around the club, the Committee and I are now giving all members ,friends and guests formal notice that the club is closed until further notice.
We have also closed down the Clubspark booking system and are intending to change the entry system to the main door to ensure your safety at this very difficult time. As a registered LTA venue we are following their advice and using their regular updates to inform our decisions.
We are aware that fresh air and exercise are vital to our health and well being and that some of you may choose to use the courts . Should you do so you should be aware of the club insurance policy which is the standard Public and Employers Liability policy recommended by the LTA and administered through Hiscox Insurance on their behalf . The important section to note is as follows:
- All individuals who take part ,either as administrators,coaches or participants have a Duty of Care to ensure that they do not cause injury or financial loss to anyone or damage to anyones’ property.
- In addition to this if you do decide to carry on playing be advised of the following:
- courts are only available on a first come, first served (pun intended) basis
- you must provide your own tennis balls
- the clubhouse is closed so there is no access to the kitchen,toilets or showers
- wash your hands before and after playing, without exception, using hand gel
- only use your own racquet
- clean and wipe down the equipment including racquets, benches,n et handles
In the meantime the Committee and I are continuing to carry on with ensuring that when play can recommence the club will be ready for you. Work in progress includes replacing the clubhouse lights with LEDs to reduce the electricity bills, cleaning the carpet which is showing signs of wear and tear, repairing/replacing the clubhouse back door leading onto courts 1-3, finalising the new lease arrangements with BPC Council and getting our heads around our revised responsibilities as Charity Trustees.
The end of year accounts are in the process of being completed and we continue to actively review how we can ensure our ongoing financial health so that we can look ahead with confidence in our future.
Thank you for your understanding as together we face the challenges of the present and future. Stay well, fit and positive and we look forward very much to seeing you all on court as soon as possible.