‘Return to restricted play’ 31 May 2020
Following the further easing of lockdown restrictions announced on Thursday the LTA have published updated guidelines which we received today.
This includes the resumption of doubles for players from different households and small group coaching being allowed as long as social distancing continues to be adhered to.
It is also expected that measures to maintain hygiene and minimise interaction with others remain in place.
Club Committees are enabled to take local factors into account when advising members of these changes. So we would like to advise you of the following:
- all courts are now open for booking
- where possible aim to play in fixed fours i.e. the same people each time
- continue to use your own racquet and balls
- the coaches will continue to offer one to one coaching at the moment
- no group or open club sessions will resume
- we will inform you should this alter
- when you leave and enter the court maintain the two metre distance wherever possible
- avoid passing too close to other players when, if , you change ends
- the club house will remain closed
- use hand sanitiser before and after play
- leave the court on time to allow time for the next players to arrive
- please read guidelines on LTA website
We are grateful to all of you for your co-operation and understanding during these ongoing challenging times. We hope very much that you will take advantage of these new opportunities to play tennis.Thank you for your ongoing support.
Southbourne Tennis Club