It’s that time of year when the Adult Club Championships 2020 will be held. The arrangements will be slightly different this year due to Coronavirus and the Guidelines issued by the LTA. In previous years we have run two tiers for some events. However for this year we will only be running one tier per event as we look to streamline the number of events going on at one time. We will endeavour to try to run some box leagues from October and hope to run some tier 2 events and junior events at a future time. We would still encourage all members to enter and will try to stagger draws to allow players to have matches against similar standards in the first round. This year entry will only be taken online via Clubspark CLOSING DATE : Sunday 30th August. Please copy and paste the link below to enter events:
Once entries have been submitted we hope to make all Draws available to view on the Southbourne Tennis Club website together with dates that matches need to be completed by. Please contact the referee if you have any difficulties with your entry.
N.B. All entrants must complete an online entry. Please read the Rules and Regulations before entering and retain a copy for future reference. We will not be hosting a finals day and ask players to arrange and play their finals over the weekend of the 10th & 11th Oct (17th/18th Oct used as a backup). Exact details will be sent out nearer the time so we can confirm arrangements. Presentations for winners and runners up will be made when we are able to host such an event.
Entries CLOSING DATE : Sunday 30th August
Men’s Over 45’s Singles
Referee – Zoltan Horvath Tel : 07751 049947
Entry Fee:£3.50 per event
E-mail : email@example.com
RULES AND REGULATIONS 2020
1. All matches will be played in strict accordance with the Rules of Tennis, the LTA Rules and Regulations including the Code of Conduct.
2. No entry will be accepted after the 30th Aug. Players wishing to enter must fill in an online entry. Remember to fill in your partner’s name if entering any doubles events. Each player entering a doubles event must complete an online entry.
3. Each competitor must be a bona fide member of the Southbourne Tennis Club to be eligible to enter any event.
4. Each competitor is solely responsible for submitting their online entry form and inserting the name of their partner in doubles events. Only Juniors over the age of 14 are permitted to enter the adult events.
5. If any competitor in any event becomes aware that they will not be available to play in the Finals on the 10th and 11th October, they must scratch at match point in any semi-final or earlier if preferred.
6. All matches must be played by the given round dates except with the express consent of the referee. Such dispensation can be given only in very exceptional circumstances.
7. Winning competitors in each round are responsible for letting the referee, Zoltan, know the score by email or text so he can put them through to the next round. Failure to do so will lead the referee to assume the match has not been played and could result in their elimination.
8. All players are equally responsible for contacting opponents to arrange match
dates and offering 3 reasonable match dates/times. Players bracketed top in draw are responsible for :-
a. booking a court b. providing balls.
9. Players should inform the referee at least 4 days before the play-by date if their opponents have failed to make contact or have not offered suitable match dates. In cases where matches haven’t been played by the play-by date and the referee has not been informed of a proposed match date the referee will decide the winner of the match by a coin toss.
10. All matches will consist of 2 tie-break sets. If the match is tied at 1 set all a match tiebreak to 10 points shall be played.
11. Competitors involved in any other events are advised that should a clash of commitments arise, the requirements of Southbourne Tennis Club Championships must take precedence.
12. In the event of an unresolved dispute between competitors, the decision of the referee is final.
PLEASE NOTE THAT PLAYERS ARE TO PROVIDE THEIR OWN BALLS FOR MATCHES
Southbourne Tennis Club